Honor Courageous Love
The Courageous Love Award is for individuals or organizations that have exhibited courageous love and touched hearts. Presenting a Courageous Love Award is an opportunity to reach beyond your core social justice folks, and to engage your whole congregation or community in social justice work. It is also a chance to uplift others; strengthen and support partnerships you are already developing; and to join together with joy and with purpose those who have shared values.
When thinking about whom you might honor, here are some questions to ask yourself:
- How might you start new partnerships or strengthen existing ones?
- Is there someone you wouldn’t normally honor, who is outside your group, who might be a good recipient?
- Is there an organization or individual who has faced oppression, discrimination, and prejudice with grace and inspired determination?
- How might you present a Courageous Love Award in a way that will help side with love with marginalized communities
- How can you drive resources and support to the work of the awardee in an ongoing way?
- What kind of ongoing commitment to organizing with this group are you willing to make?
- How might you make this intergenerational and involve families and your religious education program?
Need some more inspiration? Download our list of ideas for celebrating courageous love!