During this time of organizing and resistance, may we strengthen our resolve to work for racial justice and build beloved community. And Kicking off in the New Year on the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday weekend and concluding with a Valentine’s Day transformation, we will be honoring and observing Thirty Days of Love---a time for love, community, and prophetic action.
From Saturday, January 16 through Sunday, February 14, 2016 people of faith and conscience will show up for Black Lives Matter and racial justice throughout the country as part of Thirty Days of Love.
We’re still in the kitchen cooking up and finalizing some details for next year’s Thirty Days but in the mean time, we wanted to let you know what you can expect from us:
- Weekly meditations from partners at the front of Black Lives Matter and racial justice organizing throughout the country
- Calls to action in support of organizing taking place around the United States
- Information on how to honor and celebrate people organizing for racial justice in your community with a Courageous love award
- Worship resources for your own Share the Love Sunday
- Tools to receive a collection for Share the Love Sunday Stories of resistance from our Standing on the Side of Love community
In turn, we hope that you will participate, send us your stories (and photos) of racial justice to email@example.com, and take collective action together as a community, During the four week season of 30 Days of Love we will be sending you weekly messages via this list. Stay tuned for more details from us in December.
In the meantime, we’re sending you love and light at this time of profound loss and grief, and of hope and resistance.
The Standing on the Side of Love team